Our vision at Asthma Canada is to empower every child and adult in Canada with asthma to live an active and symptom-free life.
We engage and empower the asthma community through their involvement in our programs, services and advocacy efforts.
- We educate and inform people living with asthma and their families, enabling choices for better symptom management.
- We support researchers working to find better treatments, understand the range of impacts of living with asthma and search for a cure.
- We advocate for awareness and change so that all Canadians understand the seriousness of asthma and support changes in access to healthcare, medications and environmental practices.
- We strive for excellence in service delivery by continually assessing our operational practices to streamline, maximize donor dollars and apply best practices in all we do.
Asthma Canada seeks to provide evidence-based, market-tested, age appropriate asthma information, education, management tools and support programs for Canadians with asthma. We provide this information directly through telephone, Internet, and print, and indirectly through healthcare providers, primary caregivers, teachers, coaches, employers and community organizations.
Asthma Canada seeks to support strategic research through project collaborations and a National Research Program, which will result in an improved understanding of asthma, better treatment options and ultimately, a cure.
Asthma Canada seeks to represent the views and best interests of Canadians living with asthma with other key stakeholders: government, industry, healthcare providers, and community agencies. We also engage in and facilitate dialogue and debate on issues impacting Canadians with asthma.
Asthma Canada is a registered charitable organization. It operates under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors. The following committees work to advance Asthma Canada’s mission:
- Scientific and Medical Committee
- Education Committee
- Government Relations Committee
Asthma Canada has a national office, located in Toronto, and works with healthcare volunteers in community organizations across Canada.