Our vision is a future without asthma.
Our mission is to help Canadians with asthma lead healthy lives through education, advocacy and research.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Educating and informing people living with asthma
- Engaging and empowering the asthma community
- Supporting researchers working to find better asthma treatments
- Advocating for awareness and change to improve access to healthcare
- Striving for excellence in service delivery by best practices
Our values are at the core of what we do and act as a guide for the direction we take as an organization.
- We listen
- Caring and compassionate
Asthma Canada is a registered charitable organization. We operate under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors. The following committees work to advance our mission:
- Scientific and Medical Committee
- Education Committee
- Government Relations Committee
Asthma Canada has a national office located in Toronto, and works with volunteer and community organizations across the country.
Our Commitment to the Environment
The effects of climate change are of critical consideration for us all, but are especially consequential to those living with asthma. Asthma Canada is committed reducing our impact on the environment and supporting sustainable green initiatives. We prioritize sustainable, environmentally conscious operations and working with partners, employees and suppliers to reduce impact on the environment.
Our Strategic Direction
Asthma Canada’s strategic directions for 2018 to 2020 are to:
- Strengthen our connections with asthma community
- Expand the focus on asthma
- Raise funds to support our mission
- Build capacity and optimize operational excellence